Sunday, January 21, 2007

Da Xin Makes Toys

Da Xin came home and his sister saw him and asked whether he had finished making the toy. He replied : "No I have not tomorrow then I make." His brother saw him and asked him the same question again and he replied the same way that he replied to his sister. His brother and sister asked him again: "Now you cannot make ah?" He got no answer and walked off.
The next day Da Xin found some wood. He was thinking to make a boat that could float on water. He make and make and it turned out to be a bed not a boat. He gave up and went outside. He came to the small little tree and heard the cat calling him. He looked here and there and could not see the cat. The cat laughed and said:"Da Xin I am on top of the tree, I finally climbed up here." Da Xin was "pai sei" and went away.
Da Xin came to the stream and heard the white pony calling him. He looked high and low and could not find the pony. The white pony laughed and said:"Da Xin I am at the other side of the stream now. I have already jumped over." Da Xin did not believe the pony and said:" Did you jump or walked over there? I was not here to see it." The pony said:"If you don't believe I can jump over again." Finished talking he jumped over. Da Xin now believed and his face turned red and walked away.
He came to the forest and the little bird saw him and said:"Da Xin you see my house ok already." Da Xin looked and the little bird's house was on the top of the tree. Little bird said:"Now that I have a house I am not scared of the rain and storm. I can sleep peacefully. At this moment Da Xin realized one thing that he had to put his heart into whatever he was doing. It would turned out good. He was not "pai sei" anymore. He told the little bird:"Good bye I want to go home and make my toy."
(To Be Continued..........)

Translated form Chinese children's book :大新做玩具

No comments: